How do I search?
- Any of these terms
- All of these terms
- Contains this phrase
- Exactly this phrase
Understanding the different search options
What Fields Can be Searched On
- section name
- asset type
- has comments/does not have comments
- custom fields
- created at
- updated at
- published at
- expired at
Here are some examples:
- section: "logos"
- tags: "bb8" (all assets tagged with bb8)
- extension: "jpg" (all assets with JPG attachments)
- collection: "Marketing" (assets belonging to a collection named Marketing)
- published_at: 2019-02-02
- labels: "promotions"
- colors: #2b4250 (search for assets that contain specific hex value colors)
The default search operator is OR, meaning if you search for blue gray it will search for assets containing blue OR gray. By default, OR will be implied as the operator to use between search terms.
You can change the search operator to AND by explicitly adding the keyword AND (all caps) or && in between search terms.
- tags:logo AND blue
- tags:logo && blue
If you are looking to exclude assets that are in a specific collection or tag from your search you are able to use NOT. This would be written as
- NOT tags: "logo"
Searching for Phrases
- tags:"product shots"
- "blue fox jumps"
Short Hand Search Syntax
If you want to search for assets with multiple tags, there is no need to type tags:logo OR tags:"product shots" OR tags:image. This entire search can be written as
- tags:(logo "product shots" image)
Remember, OR is implied between search terms, and you can override the same query to use the AND operator with
- tags:(logo AND "product shots" AND image)
Wild Cards and "Fuzzy" Matching
if you want to find any asset that partially matches a search query, use the * wildcard operator like so
This will return assets that contain words like "product" or "production." Likewise, if you want to find assets that have words close to your search term (essentially misspellings) use the fuzzy match operator:
will match assets with "wednesday" as well as the common misspelling "wendsday."
Advanced Search Queries
- created_at:>now-31d (assets created in the last 30 days)
- updated_at:>now-1d (assets updated in the last day)
- created_at:>now-10m (assets created in the last 10 minutes)
- created_at:>now-2h (assets created in the last 2 hours)
- custom_fields.sku:"abc123" (return assets that have a sku of "abc123" as a custom field)
- creator: first name last name (returns assets that were uploaded by a certain user)
- expires_at: [2020-05-01 TO 2020-05-31] - this is for the full month of March, for example
- expires_at: [now TO now+7d] - this is between today and the next 7 days, for example
Reserved Search Characters
You can hit CMD+F on OSX or CTRL+F on Windows to begin searching from anywhere in the Library.