Search for, find, and embed assets from Media Manager directly into Word documents and PowerPoint slides.
Setting up the integration
- Request the link to the plugin from email@example.com.
- Once received, select the program you would like to open the application in (either Word or PowerPoint).
- The program will open automatically, navigate to the Insert tab and select the Brandfolder Icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- When prompted, input your API key and select submit.
Navigating the integration
- Your Media Manager content will appear. The integration panel allows you to navigate your content just like you would within Media Manager by visiting the different levels of the Media Manager hierarchy (Organizations, Libraries, and Collections).
- Once you are at the Library or Collection level you have a few options to narrow down your content.
- You can search assets by inputting search syntaxes into the search bar. Various search syntaxes are outlined in the Searching in Media Manager Knowledge Base article.
- You can select the pin icon in the search bar to utilize pinned searches.
- You can filter by asset status, tags, file types, custom fields, orientation, SKU, and upload date by selecting the filter button below the search bar.
- You can search for labels by selecting the label button next to the Filter button.
- You can filter by section or collection by selecting the arrow accordion to the left of All Sections or Collections.
- You can view asset details by hovering over the asset, selecting the ellipses, and choosing view asset details.
- From this view, scroll to the bottom and click on the attachment.
6. On the new page, select More Options to adjust the width and height, copy the image, crop the image, or copy the CDN Embed Link.
Utilizing Media Manager Assets
- Hover over the asset.
- Select Place.
For IT teams that want to deploy the Brandfolder Office Plugin throughout their organization, visit Microsoft’s Deploy add-ins in the Microsoft 365 admin center article.
Manifest URL for Deploy Add-In location:
This add-on works in PowerPoint 2013 or later, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac, PowerPoint 2016 or later, PowerPoint Online, Word 2013 or later, Word 2016 for Mac, Word 2016 or later, Word Online