Media Manager's Asana integration enables teams using Asana for creative reviews to seamlessly push finalized assets, along with critical details, into Media Manager. Media Manager can integrate with Asana to automatically sync attachments from Asana tasks into a Media Manager section.
To configure this integration please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your dedicated Media Manager contact.
Navigating the integration
To create a new asset in Media Manager through Asana:
1. Create a new task within your team's project by selecting the Add Task button.
2. Add an asset as an attachment to the task within the task panel by selecting the paper clip icon.
3. Adding an attachment will trigger a sync of the latest attachment into a preconfigured Media Manager section.
4. Go to your Media Manager Section that houses the Asana sync and locate the new asset. The new asset will have the same name as the task in Asana. The attachment name, custom fields, and tags can all be configured to be pulled into Media Manager.
If a task is updated in Asana, the following will happen:
Any new attachments within a task will be synced as new attachments to the same asset in Media Manager.
- Any subtasks with attachments will show up as a separate asset in Media Manager.
Custom fields will reflect the update.
The Section field will also be updated.
File attachments that are deleted in Asana will not cause assets to be deleted in Media Manager.
Do note: updates in Asana are batched, meaning there can be a delay in changes being reflected in Media Manager.