Consumers of a Library (i.e. guest and non-users) can then read asset details in their preferred language. There are multiple ways to edit assets in different languages. Before a user starts editing, it is important to select the Library's default language as well as the preferred languages. This can be done by navigating to the Library > Settings > General Settings > Advanced tab. From here you will see an option to select the default and preferred languages. A preferred language means it will be an option for your user base to select from.
1. On the individual asset level
2. Selecting multiple assets via the bulk actions toolbar
3. Using the Metasheet functionality
Individual Asset Editing
1. Navigate to the asset you are wanting to edit. From there, select the Edit tab.
2. In the top-right corner, select the language you would like to edit in. For example, select Italian.
3. You can now edit the name of the asset, description, tags, and custom fields in the chosen language.
4. Select Save Changes when the editing is complete.
Bulk Action Toolbar and Bulk Management Editing
1. Within the View Options, select from the Asset Info dropdown what language you would like to edit in.
2. Select the assets you would like to update within the UI. From here, select Tag in the bulk actions toolbar.
3. Choose either the Bulk Tag or Bulk Custom Fields tab to add the info in your desired language
4. Select Save. Now when a user selects that particular language as their locale, it will reflect the updated information that was just added.
Bulk Management Editing
1. Navigate to your Bulk Management screen by going to Settings > Bulk Management. From here, select either Custom Fields or Tags.
2. Select the language you would like to edit your tags or custom fields in.
3. Select Rename to either rename the custom field key or tag of your choosing. This updates how the tag or key will appear when a user selects that particular language as their locale.
1. Navigate to your Bulk Management screen by going to Settings > Bulk Management. From here, select Upload CSV.
2. Select the language in the dropdown you are wanting to edit.
3. Upload the CSV to the upload box. Now when a user selects that particular language as their locale, it will reflect the updated information that was just added via the CSV.
- Always be aware of the language that is selected when making updates.
- Updates you make do not automatically translate from one language to another. If you wish to see the same information appear in a different language, you will need to add it via one of the methods listed.
- Counts in bulk management reflect the number of tags/custom fields in the selected language.