Brandfolder's RapidCompact 3D Integration makes 3D asset support seamless. RapidCompact optimizes, automates, and converts 3D assets.
Setting up the integration
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to establish the RapidCompact connection.
Be sure to include the following:
- API key (generate token name) from RapidCompact.
- The slug for your Media Manager.
- The name of the section that the GLB files are in.
- The Media Manager section name to push the optimizations to after being passed through RapidCompact.
- The preset optimization ID numbers for each file. The ID is in the URL or RapidCompact. Preset optimizations are for items like shadows, rendered width, and polygons.
Navigating the integration
1.Upload the assets into the section designated for 3D files. The following file types are supported:
- glTF (.gltf and .glb)
Upload formats referencing external files (such as OBJ) as a .ZIP file. In order to load the external files correctly, make sure paths to external files are relative. Enterprise plans can also process models in CAD formats like STEP, JT, and IGES.
Once the asset is in Media Manager, it will automatically be assigned a 3D tag.
2. Wait for the asset to be fully processed and thumb-nailed. Ensure the asset(s) are approved; otherwise, Media Manager will not push to RapidCompact.
3. Refresh your Media Manager and open your new asset in your optimization section.
4. Copy the Embed URL link from the description of the asset.
5. Paste into the browser to open the 3D rotator. The rotator will allow rotation, zoom in and out, and animations (if supported).
Upon asset upload, you will see the following custom field data:
- Embed Link
If you want a limit on the custom field data return or custom fields on the first GLB file to pass on to optimizations, reach out to email@example.com.