Brandfolder's Salsify integration streamlines the movement of product images and product data between your DAM (Media Manager) and Salsify, your Product Information Management (PIM). The integration automatically syncs assets from Media Manager to Salsify Products, so you don’t need to download and upload assets to your PIM manually. The integration also sends product data (fields) back from Salsify to Media Manager.
Setting up the integration
To set up your integration, you will need to reach out to
firstname.lastname@example.org or your primary Media Manager contact with the following information:
- Login credentials to your Salsify account.
- A list of properties that you wish to sync from Salsify products to Media Manager assets' custom fields (i.e., item numbers, categories, product names)
- The property where Media Manager assets land. Do note: it is possible to have assets land in different Salsify properties based on a custom field value.
From Media Manager
- The Media Manager Library to sync.
- You will use the custom field key as the identifier (product ID) to link a Media Manager asset to a Salsify product.
- You must create a multi-value custom field named Locale to sync to localized properties. Values should be locale IDs enabled for your organization. Find approved locales in the Salsify Knowledge Base.
Navigating the Integration
- Create a new product in Salsify or locate the one you want to sync with Media Manager.
- After the product is created or located in Salsify, grab the Product ID.
- Open the Media Manager synced with Salsify and upload a new asset.
- Once you upload the asset, navigate to the custom field key, Product ID, and add the Product ID number from Salsify as the custom field key. This will initiate the sync between Media Manager and Salsify.
- Navigate to the product in Salsify. You will now see the Media Manager asset appear as the new image for the Product.
- In Media Manager, you will see specific custom fields that were pre-built populate on the asset.
Notes on the Sync
Media Manager to Salsify
Media Manager is the source of truth for attachments. If an attachment is renamed or replaced in Media Manager, the change reflects in Salsify.
Attachments deleted in Media Manager will not be deleted in Salsify.
Salsify to Media Manager
Salsify is the source of truth for custom field data. Since all data comes from Salsify, if a user tries to update one of the synced fields from Media Manager, it will automatically change back to the value in Salsify. Therefore, all updates to custom fields must be made in Salsify to reflect in Media Manager.