Using Collections to Manager your Assets
A Collection is a group of related assets in a Media Manager Library. Collections allow you to custom select which assets your users should see and hide what they should not. Whether you need to make sure that Sales only has access to the assets they need or you need to guarantee that your partners are pulling from the right asset pool, Collections are there to help you provide the right assets to the right audience.
Collections can be individually branded with a headline image and logo, so this is a great way to highlight brands or content, while still within your Media Manager library.
Most Brands can benefit from Collections, however, we’ve put together a few points that might help make the decision easier for you.
- Do you need the ability to “hide” certain assets from specific Media Manager users?
- Do you want to share a set of assets (which can change over time) with specific users?
- Do you want to share a set of public assets from your private Library?
- Do you want to share the same asset to distinctly different groups of users?
- Do you need your partners or clients to upload assets but only see what's pertinent to them?
How to create Collections and Add Assets
1. Click "+Add Collection" button at the top of your Library.
2. Select the assets you would like provisioned to the Collection on the Library level.
3. Select the + Collection button in the bulk actions toolbar. From there, you will be prompted with a modal that will allow the user to select which Collection the asset should be provisioned to as well as set asset availability.
How to Set Up Collections
Collections can be individually branded with a logo, headline image, subtext, download alerts and user agreements. If you choose not to set up a logo, it will inherit the logo from the library. This is all done from the settings menu once you are in a collection.
Similar to the library privacy settings, collections can also be set as public, private or stealth. To learn more about privacy settings in Media Manager, visit this page.
How to Add Users to a Collection
1. Open the Collection you would like to add users to.
2. Select the Users icon at the top right of the Collection view.
3. Within the bulk invite text box, enter or paste the email(s) of the users you wish to invite.
Note: When providing multiple email addresses, make sure you are using a comma-separated list.
Optional: You may also provide a personalized message to go along with the standard invite email text to personalize your message or provide important messages to your users.
4. Click the Send Invite button to email all the users with an invitation to your collection.
- Collections are "subsets" of your Library, assets only need to be updated in one place.
- Sections are only visible in a Collection if assets have been added from that section.
- Collections can have unique pinned tags and privacy settings.
- Collections can have a customized header image.
How to Delete a Collection
1. Navigate to the Collection from the dropdown menu in the Library.
2. Select Settings > General Settings. Go to the Advanced tab.
3. Select Delete Collection in the bottom right.